The Partnership for 21st century Skills released their Global Education Initiative for states.
1. Global Competency Standards for Students and Teachers
2. Effective and scalable teacher supports, resources, and tools for infusing classroom with global knowledge and skills
3. A New Approach to Language Instruction that includes statewide dual language/immersion plan beginning in elementary school and refocusing traditional high school world language courses
4. Whole-School Models that include internationally-themed schools, transformation models for low-performing schools, and regional dual language/immersion schools
5. Networking and Recognizing Districts, Schools and Educators to drive implementation and innovation
6. Global experiences for students and educators including teacher exchange, educational travel, virtual exchange, and global academic competitions